This article will walk you through the steps of installing Groundplan Pro, connecting your PatronManager account and setting up your events and venues for the first time. This article is a summary of the overall setup process; additional detail for steps for your development & design team are linked to and can be found elsewhere in this support portal.
- GroundPlan requires at least PHP 5.4 or higher, and is compatible with PHP 7.
- Requires Wordpress 3.5 or higher
Upload 'groundplan-pro' to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
Click on the new menu item Groundplan >> Groundplan, enter your licenses.
Configure your PatronManager domain settings in Groundplan >> Settings, using the field descriptions as an example.
For instance, if your PatronManager domain is "patronmanagerdemo.secure.force.com" then your PatronManager API Data source URL would be "https://patronmanagerdemo.secure.force.com/ticket/PatronTicket__PublicApiEventList"
You can optionally enter a donations URL, Patron Portals login url, and Patron Signup url if you use those features.
Create one Venue (Venue >> Add New) for each active venue in PatronManager. Syncing will not be activated until you've created one Venue in WordPress for every Venue in your PatronManager instance. This helps you avoid creating bad data – event instances without a venue – in your event pages.
Edit your new venue and select a related "PatronManager Sync Venue," then save your venue. Venue data from PatronManager is automatically populated.
- Confirm that PatronManager data is now syncing by confirming the "Last Sync" time in Groundplan >> Settings.
Create a new event. While editing your Event, select a related "PatronManager Sync Event", and save your event. Performances and other PatronManager data is automatically populated.
Upload a Calendar Image to your event to customize the display of your event on the Calendar.
- Set up your Event Calendar page by using the Groundplan calendar shortcode or creating a new calendar template in your theme.
- Set up your Event Detail page by creating a `single-mc_event.php` file in your theme.
- Customize the look and feel of your calendars by copying and modifying the calendar skins from the plugin into your theme CSS files.
Be sure to read "How to Reset Your PatronManager Cache" to learn how Groundplan caches your event data, and how to update it when you make same-day changes to your PatronManager events.