What are our biggest drivers of site traffic?
Acquisition > All traffic > Source medium
Sort revenue by greatest.
What keywords are people searching to find us?
Acquisition > Search Console > Queries
Check position on search terms. Average position should be 3 or higher.
What other websites send us traffic?
Acquisition > All Traffic > Referrals
What pages do users look at?
Behavior - Site Content - All Pages
If you're not looking at a particular campaign, set a long date range.
- All Users = people using a specific browser on the computer
- Returning Users = People returning for the 2nd time in the date range you're looking at with a half hour break
- Converters = Folks who have bought something
Session = a single instance of someone looking at the site
Hit = time spent looking at a single page
Where do our patrons hear about us?
- Organic Search = through unpaid search engine results. SEO is responsible for this number.
- Direct = they typed in the URL to their browser, typically more Returning Visitors & loyal customers and print advertisements.
- Social = broken down by platform
- Referral = external links generating content
Channels are attributed to the last touchpoint before they bought
Did our patrons hear about us through multiple sources?
Conversions >> Multi-channel Funnels >> Assisted conversions. Indicates how much a particular channel helped with conversions credited to other sources