Add a Page
In the main navigation menu on the left, click "Pages," then click "Add New."
For more on this page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages_Add_New_Screen
Publish, Draft, and Schedule
The "Publish" box is on the right, and contains buttons that control the state of your page. The main states are Published, Pending Review, and Draft.
- A Published status means the page has been published on your blog for all to see.
- Pending Review means the draft is waiting for review by an editor prior to publication.
- Draft means the page has not been published and remains a draft for you.
- If you select a specific publish status and click the update page or Publish button, that status is applied to the page. For example, to save a page in the Pending Review status, click Edit link of Status and select Pending Review from the drop-down box, click OK to close the drop-down box and click Save As Pending button. (You will see all pages organized by status by going to Pages > All Pages).
- To schedule a page for publication on a future time or date, click "Edit" in the Publish area next to the words "Publish immediately". You can also change the publish date to a date in the past to back-date pages. Change the settings to the desired time and date. You must also hit the "Publish" button when you have completed the page to publish at the desired time and date.
- Visibility - This determines how your page appears to the world. Public pages will be visible by all website visitors once published. Password Protected pages are published to all, but visitors must know the password to view the page content. Private pages are visible only to you (and to other editors or admins within your site)
There are five page templates you can choose from when building a new page. Each has different features (more on features below). When building a page, you can choose not to use features in a particular template, or reorder them by dragging the boxes.
Using the editor
Feeds to Facebook Sharing
In the "Social Share" box, check the box next to "Show share links (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) at bottom of page" to insert this feature into your page.
Social Sharing is automatically enabled on Events and Posts.
Within pages, always start your section headers with H2, then H3, H4 or H5.
H1 is reserved for the site name (AKA your domain name). Sections within the page should start with H2.
From the left menu, go to "Media," then "Add New" to upload all your images to the Media Library first. This will make them easier to add the same image to multiple places later, and make your site load faster.
Within a page, in the "Page Images" box, add the page's header image or page list image.
Within the content editor, click "Add Media" to add an image or video to the page content.
You can also add a photo gallery in the "Gallery" box. If you click "Edit Image," you can edit the following:
- URL = clicking on the image opens this link
- Title = text displayed when your mouse hovers over the image. Useful for accessibility purposes.
- Caption = Displays at bottom left of image Often includes photo credit.
- Alt Text = text displayed when your mouse hovers over the image. Useful for accessibility purposes.
- Description = Displays at top right of image
To add a video embedded in a page, click "Add Media" in the content editor and select a video instead of an image.